TVGuide.com has just posted a fantastic article about the upcoming Grey’s Anatomy musical, and it includes more of the songs choices – and their singers – that will be featured in the episode. Let’s take a look:
- Lexie, portrayed by Chyler Leigh, will be singing “Breathe (2 AM),” originally sung by Anna Nalick from episode 217 “(As We Know It).”
- “Chasing Cars,” originally by Snow Patrol from the second season finale “Losing My Religion,” will be sung by Kevin McKidd, Sara Ramirez, and Chandra Wilson.
- “Grace,” originally by Kate Havnevik and also from the second season finale, will be sung by Sara Ramirez and the rest of the female cast.
- “How We Operate,” from the second season finale by Gomez, will be sung by Kevin McKidd.
- “Cosy in the Rocket,” the series’ original theme song, will also be used in the episode, albeit how is not yet known.
- “How to Save a Life,” originally by The Fray and used not only in a season two episode, but the show’s advertisements, will also be in the episode.
- “Running on Sunshine,” originally used in season three’s “I Am a Tree,” will be in the musical episode. It looks like most of the cast will be involved on that number.
- Director Tony Phelan confirms that Brandi Carlile’s “The Story” will be in the episode.
That’s eight songs that have been revealed for the episode. It was originally reported that ten would be used, so there are just two more to be revealed. Any ideas on what they could be, and who will be singing them?
Plus, take a look at this quote from Ellen Pompeo, who was originally skeptic about the episode. If this doesn’t get you excited, I don’t know what will!
I never say I’m wrong, but I was wrong and I want to sing more!